Since 2014, QYEA has raised almost $40,000 for the students of Queen's! We are proud to have met our young alumni goal of $10,000 each year, and our fundraising total was generously matched by Inspiring Alumnus Paul Goddard in 2014 and a consortium of QYEA alum in 2015!
2016 GAEL'S DEN
QYEA would like to congratulate the 5 finalists from this year's applicant pool! Each team came out and presented with heart, making a lasting impression on our Gaels. The Gaels were happy to give each team at least $2000, including FULL funding of Queen's WISE!
- Queen's Space Engineering Team
- Queen's WISE
- Queen's Fuel Cell Team - EcoVehicle
- Queen's Rocket Team
- Queen's Baja SAE
Thank you very much to our applicants, who all presented excellent cases for their candidacy - unfortunately we could only accept a set number. If you, a colleague or peer would like to donate to any of the below teams and clubs through QYEA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen's Formula SAE Design and Race Team
- Queen's Conference on Business & Technology
- Queen's Solar Education Centre
- Queen's Aero Design Team
- Queens Global Energy Conference
- Queen's Mostly Autonomous Sailboat Team - Gaelforce Boat
2017 Gael's Den
Saturday, February 4, 2017
The Chestnut Conference Centre
89 Chestnut St., Toronto ON
The application for the 2017 Gael's Den is now live! The application can be found here, and is due December 23, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
More information to follow once confirmed.
- The applicant(s) are current Queen’s students or Faculty. Student groups must have a Faculty sponsor, be ratified by the AMS, and/or have a concrete connection to the Faculty of Engineering. Please contact QYEA if any ambiguity exists.
- The project falls under one of the four priorities for the Inspiring Greatness campaign: Inspiring Spaces, Inspiring Programs, Inspiring Student Experiences or Inspiring Teaching and Research.
- The project will support QYEA’s Mission. In particular, the project will inspire greatness by delivering exceptional opportunities for the growth and evolution of the capacity for innovation, initiative and leadership.
Decisions on whether or not an application meets these eligibility criteria will be made by the QYEA Committee, in consultation with the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science (or her delegate).